These Coconut Espresso Breakfast Bars are sure to make your body sing. They contain low GI carbohydrates, good fats from the nuts and sweetened with natural sweetener. These bars will keep you satisfied for hours without any sort of sugar crash in sight. Plus if you want an extra super food boost use Coffee Not Coffee instead of coffee.
- 1.5 cup of dates
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 heaped tbsp of protein. I use Raw Amazonia Protein
- 1 - 2 shots of coffee or 1 sachet of Coffee Not Coffee.
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, blend down the oats and cashews until they become a powder.
- Add the dates and remaining ingredients. Pulse until well combined and a clump is formed.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper, evenly spread the mixture into the tin to your desired bar thickness.
- Place in the freezer for 1 - 3 hours. Once the mixture is firm and set, slice into bars approximately 3cm thick.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Store remaining bars for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.