Coconut Almond Butter Cups that are ticking all the boxes…. Raw, vegan, dairy free, refined sugar free, gluten free, and good fats. Oh and very tasty.
For the base
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, ground into a meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, ground into a flour via coconutmagic.com.au
- 3 tablespoons nut butter
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil via coconutmagic.com.au
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut nectar via coconutmagic.com.au
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder via powersuperfood.com.au
- Add almonds and coconut flour into a high-speed blender and blend on high until a flour forms.
- In a large bowl add the nut butter, coconut oil, coconut nectar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a silicone muffin holder and portion the dough into each muffin cup and press down until even and smooth. Place in the freeze for 10min.
- To make the chocolate sauce: Whisk together the coconut oil, nectar and cacao powder until no clumps remain. Spoon the sauce over top each of the cups, distributing evenly.
- Garnish cups with shredded coconut.
- Place in the freezer in a flat area for 30-45 minutes, until firm.