Friends of ours are having a garden party to celebrate their engagement on the weekend. I have made this Citrus Burst Cheesecake for the occasion.
Like all my cheesecakes it is raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. If you are a fan of lemon or lime you will adore this dessert.
- 2 cups almonds
- 10 - 15 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 can of coconut cream or milk
- Up to 1 cup of lemon juice (depending on how citrusy you like it)
- 2 tbsp sweetener. I use rice malt syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 avocados
- 3 whole limes (skin peeled)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Place nuts and dates into a blender and pulse until well combined. Slowly add the water whilst continuing to pulse. The mixture should form a clumped ball.
- Press into the bottom of a cake tin and place in the freezer.
- Add all of the ingredients into the food processor except for the lemon juice. Pulse until well combined and a smooth consistency is formed. Slowly add the lemon juice in, and taste test as you go. You may not want a full cup of lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture over the base layer and evenly spread out. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until well combined and a thick runny mixture is formed.
- Pour this layer onto the lemon layer. Freeze for a further 1 - 2 hours
- Decorate with thin slices of lime.
- Place in the fridge 2 hours before serving.