This Chocolate & Peanut Crackle Slice was another request from Mac. I’ve mentioned before he finds recipes he likes the look of and sends them to me and as a challenge I turn them into a healthy, nourishing dish, snack or dessert. Challenge excepted!
The original recipe for this was awful. I couldn’t even tell you what half the ingredients were, which means we stay away from them.
This slice is now soul food. It’s healthy, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, raw, vegan, kid friendly and delicious.
If you have any old favourite recipes you would like even healthier, comment below and leave it with me.
Serves 15 / Prep Time - 30 min / Cook Time - 6 hr
- 5 cups brown rice puffs
- 1.5 cups coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp peanuts, unsalted, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar or agave syrup
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and spray with coconut oil.
- For layer one simple melt coconut oil. Meanwhile add dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour over the coconut oil and stir until dry mixture is covered. Tip the mixture into your baking dish and press firmly. Place in the freeze for an hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile heat the caramel ingredients in a small pan. Mix continuously and until a smooth consistency is formed. Pour over the chocolate crackle base and place back in the freeze for 1 - 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small pan melt the chocolate ingredients together. Once melted let cool. Then place into a blender and blend for 2 minutes. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and freeze for a further 1 - 2 hours.
- Once firm chop into 4 x 4 cm pieces and store in a container in the fridge.