Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice… what more could one want on a cold winters night, or any night really? Traditional Butter Chicken is a somewhat healthy recipe, but we are taking it to the next level and have created a super healthy Butter Chicken recipe and have teamed it up with Turmeric Cauliflower Rice just to make it even healthier.
Serves 4 / Prep Time - 20 min / Cook Time - 30 min
- 1 large cauliflower, (cut into small florets)
- 800g chicken breast (diced into small amounts)
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- 150g tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 slithers of fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ghee or organic butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a pan saute garlic, onion and chili flakes until golden brown.
- Add the diced chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, tomato paste and ghee or coconut oil and mix through. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add all spices and stir through well.
- Meanwhile place cauliflower florets into the food processor and pulse until crumbled. Add to a pan with turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve cauliflower rice on a plate and top with butter chicken.