Need a quick and easy dinner idea? This Brown Rice Chicken Risotto is gluten free and dairy free plus healthy, and has some added greens.
Make it for a family or place it in containers for a week worth of lunch meals.
Serves 4 / Prep Time - 15 min / Cook Time - 30 min
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups brown rice rice
- 1/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to garnish
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and chicken stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, wine and simmer for 1 minute until absorbed. Add broth and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is absorbed.
- Turn off the stove and stir corn, tomatoes and spinach. Season.