Dragon Fruit is in season and I am loving them sick.
Dragon Fruit is a funny looking fruit. It has a bright pink wax outer, and the inside is white or a deep purple with tiny black seeds. But not only are they nice to look at they have great nutritional value too. They contain a high amount of Vitamin C (10% of your RDI to be exact) and are rich in antioxidants, vitamin B’s, calcium, iron and protein.
In this Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl I have used the purple variant to create my smoothie bowl and have used the white variant to decorate it.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen dragon fruits (peel and freeze the inside part of the fruit)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 scoops protein (I use Amazonia Raw Vanilla & Acai protein)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- As you desire. I used Loving Earth Choc Berry Paleo Mix and a white dragonfruit
- Place all ingredients, except your toppings into a blender or food processor and blend until well combined, and the frozen fruit is broken down.
- Divide into 2 bowls and top with what ever you desire.