Mac and I try to head back to our home towns at least once every couple of months. This weekend we went home and spent the weekend with my family, and as always I got in the kitchen with my mum and cooked up a fiest. Mum loves cooking and puts so much pride into the food she cooks and the presentation. It’s definitely where my love for cooking has come from.
This Balsamic Chicken Bake is one dish we had on the menu. It was simple to make, went a long way, and of course nice and healthy. The perfect meal when entertaining or to leave you with left overs for lunches.
Serves 6 / Prep Time - 10 min / Cook Time - 50 min / Total Time. - 1 hr
- 2kg chicken thighs
- 10 chat potatoes or 3 large sweet potato, cut into quarters
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut balsamic vinegar (Nuilife) or normal balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees. In a large roasting dish arrange chicken, potato, onion, garlic and thyme.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, oil in a jug and drizzle over chicken mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake for a further 10 mins.
- Serve chicken bake with vegetables of your choice, salad or cauliflower rice.