Baked Eggs in Mexican Salsa
Baked Eggs in tomato salsa is the perfect weekend breakfast for when you are entertaining. Or if like Mac and I and you enjoy Breakfast for Dinner, you will love this.
It is gluten free, dairy free and packed full of protein to kick start your day.
Serves 6 / Prep Time - 15 min / Cook Time - 30 min
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
- 1 green capsicum finely diced
- 1 tblsp Freedom Spices Taco MIx
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. organic tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado, roughly diced
- 1 tbsp. parsley roughly chopped
- Rye sourdough bread to serve
- Sauté onion and garlic in a large pan until golden brown. Add capsicum and stir occasionally for 5 - 10min or until soft.
- Add tomato paste, canned tomato, spices and salt and pepper. Then bring to a simmer.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl. Make a well in the sauce and slice the egg in. Repeat with each egg.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Top with chopped avocado and parsley over the top and serve with your bread.