I may have seen in previous posts that I am loving the concept of Bulletproof Coffee. However I am still very aware that although it is full of goodness it is still coffee. I have no problem with drinking 1 even 2 cups of coffee daily however I personally like to have my coffees as a treat when I am out with friends. I feel like I really appreciate the experience more.
Anywhoo so I could still have all the goodness of the bulletproof I have been making the same recipe however I leave out the coffee and add in some protein. It is delicious and because it has been so cold in Melbourne lately it is the perfect Winter smoothie.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I use raw Amazonia vanilla)
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tbsp MCT Oil
- 1 tbsp grass fed organic Ghee butter
- 1 tsp maca powder (great for hormones)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (because it's amazing for everything)
- 1/2 tsp licorice root (supports the adrenal glands)
- 1 tsp of turmeric (perfect for an anti-inflammatory)
- pinch of black pepper (for better absorption of the turmeric)
- Boil your kettle to a boil. Let sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Meanwhile in your blender add all the ingreidents.
- Add your water to your blender, and blend for 1 - 2 minutes or until all ingreients are well mixed.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.