For the base
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup Super Cacao Crunch Muesli from The Source Bulk Foods Prahran
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (maybe a little more, add it as you need it)
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
For The Filling
1 cup soaked cashews (about 4 hours is ok)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup Canadian maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the base
- Place almonds into a food processor and process until mostly fine
- Throw in dates and process again until mostly combined
- Add in the rest of the base ingredients and process until it turns into a doey-sticky ball
- Line the base of a springform pan with greaseproof paper, and grease the sides with olive oil (don’t use coconut oil because this sets and won’t make it any easier to get out the pan!)
- Pour the base mixture into the springform pan and press down like you are making the base of a cheesecake.
- Once the mixture is evenly spread and well pressed down place in the freezer to set.
For the filling
Place cashews into your food processor and blitz until smooth
- Add in bananas and blitz again until smooth
- Throw in the rest of the ingredients and blitz until smooth
- Once the mixture is thick and smooth pour it into the base and then return the pie to the freezer for about 2 hours.
- The pie needs to thaw before serving, this will take about 1 hour on a kitchen bench.
- I like to serve the pie with a huge sprinkle of The Source Bulk Foods Super Crunch Muesli and a little peanut butter sauce. (melted peanut butter mixed with some coconut oil)