We are so excited to share these bad boys with you all, because they contain our two favourite ingredients – chocolate and coconut. What is not to love here! These Bounty Bars are gluten free, dairy free and like always refined sugar free.
- ¾ cupcoconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut nectar
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cacao wafers or organic dark chocolate (85% or higher)
Place ¾ cup of coconut oil and ¼ cup of coconut cream in a small saucepan and warm until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and 2 cups of shredded coconut and mix well.
- Pour the coconut mixture into a lined baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Place in the freezer until firm or at least 1 hour
- Meanwhile boil a small saucepan of water and place a bowl over the top. Put the cacao wafers or chocolate the bowl. Turn the heat to medium and as the water in the saucepan simmers, the chocolate will slowly melt.
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat and slowly pour the melted chocolate over the coconut layer and tilt the pan to evenly spread it out.
- Place it back in the fridge for a few hours before cutting it into bars with a sharp knife.