You can use this flat bread recipe as a replacement for sandwich bread, as a yiros, as a wrap, as a taco, a pizza base- really the variations are endless!
- 3 cups of GF flour and a little extra to use when rolling out bread (We used Orgran)
- 2 tbs sheep/goats Greek yoghurt'
- Whip out your food processor and throw all the ingredients in.
- Process until a dough forms.
- You will need to play with the ratio of flour to yoghurt as not every flour and yoghurt is created equal.
- Turn dough out onto a floured bench top and work it a little until dough is no longer sticky.
- Pull off a piece of dough, around 2 tbs worth and roll it out with a rolling pin into a thin circle. You may need to roll it out in between some grease proof paper, or simply add a little flour when you roll it out.
- Keep the dough nice and thin, it tends to puff up when cooked. Also, if its too thick then the bread may become rubbery when it cools.
- Heat a sandwich press/cafe press
- Brush the plates of the sandwich press with a little olive oil
- Place the flat dough in the sandwich press and close. Cook until golden brown.
- Repeat steps to use all the dough.