BANANA AND COCONUT BREAD IS HEALTHY AND A MUST TRY! Gluten free, refined sugar free and diary free. The perfect weekend healthy treat.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats. We use gluten free.
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar from @CoconutMagic
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour from Coconut Magic
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of a loaf pan
- Combine 3 tsp. of the oats, 2 tsp. of the flaxseed and 1 tsp. of the coconut sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Use electric beaters to beat the coconut oil and remaining sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tbsp. of the coconut flour. Repeat with the remaining eggs and coconut flour until combined.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, banana and remaining oats and flaxseed to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface, then sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.