This is such an amazing dish. The flavours are to die for. Thai Zucchini and Carrot Coconut Noodles. Think Pho noodles (even though they are Vietnamese) but better.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-4 spring onions (save some for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 piece of lemongrass
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of tamari
- juice of 1 juicy lime & some zest
- pinch of coconut sugar
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 zucchinis, spirilized
- 2 carrots, spirilized
- small handful of basil leaves
- crushed almonds
- Heat coconut oil over low heat. Add most of the spring onions, ginger, chile flakes and the lemongrass piece. Add the coconut milk and tamari and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. Leave to simmer for 15 - 20 mins. Then add lime juice and a pinch of coconut sugar.
- Meanwhile prepare your toppings. Spirilize your zucchini and carrot noodles and set aside.
- Chop spinach roughly and add then to the pan until just wilted.
- Add basil and stir until wilted.
- Turn heat off, remove the lemongrass piece, add zucchini and carrot noodles and serve into bowls immediately (you don't want the zucchini noodles to cook).
- Top bowls with crushed almonds, tamari, basil, chile flakes or sauce, or whatever else you desire.