For the whole month of February we are going to be shaking up your kitchen and your health, and bringing you our favourite recipes using our Freedom Spices range.
We are using our Hot Choccy mix in Raw Peppermint and Chocolate Slice recipe. YUMMY is the best word to describe this slice. Oh and HEALTHY!!!
Ingredients for the base:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs FS HOT CHOCCY MIX
- 1/2 cup of cacao nibs (optional)
Ingredients for cream layer:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs coconut cream, full fat
- Ingredients for choc-mint layer…
- 2 cups grated cacao butter
- 1 heaped cup FS HOT CHOCCY MIX
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 4 tbs coconut cream
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
Add all ingredients to a food processor and process into a dough.
- Line a dish with baking paper and spread the base evenly, pressing down hard.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cream layer over the biscuit base and place into the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes to harden.
Choc Mint Layer:
- Meanwhile place cacao butter into a saucepan over very low heat to melt down. When the cacao butter is melted take off the heat and set aside.
- Sift remainder of the ingredients into the butter and mix well.
- Take the dish out of the freezer, pour the choc-mint layer over the top and pop back into the freezer for an hour to set.
- When ready to serve, remove from the dish, place onto a chopping board and cut into small squares.
- Keep in the freezer, until ready to eat.