For all you non meat eaters, you will love this green bowl of goodness. And for all you meat eaters, it will do you a world of good to give your pancreas and digestive system a rest. Plus just one meat free meal per week can help reduce our carbon footprint and save precious resources like fossil fuels and fresh water.
So enjoy and be sure to tag me in your healthy creations via @freedomwellness.
- 2 cups lettuce, spinach or rocket
- 1 avocado
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup bean shoots
- 1/4 cup alfalfa
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 lemon or lime (juice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp black and or white sesame seeds (topping)
- On a fry pan, melt the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and ginger. Cook until ingredients are browned.
- Meanwhile in a bowl add the lettuce, avocado, bean shoots and alfalfa sprouts.
- Add the fry pan ingredients.
- Top with sesame seeds and lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy.