As soon as summer hits, green smoothies are on my radar. They are such an amazing way to start the day, and an easy way to pack in extra fruits and vegetables to your day. This recipe has been my go to so far this Summer, and definitely will continue to be over the Christmas break.
The spirulina is high in protein and vitamins and minerals. The pineapple is has an enzyme called bromelain which is amazing for digestion. And the coconut water is full of natural electrolytes so is very hydrating.
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup cucumber
- ¼ cup kale
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (frozen)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein
- Prior to making your smoothie, chop, skin and freeze your banana and pineapple.
- Add all ingredients into the blender.
- Blend until well combined and a smooth consistency.
- Top with your favourite ingredients such as coconut flakes and chia seeds.
- Drink and enjoy.