I seriously love smoothie bowls. They are the best and they were on every menu in Bali!
I am always conscious though, to balance out my macronutrients for each meal. If I start my day in a fun and fruity way, my lunch and dinner will be vegetable based with a good source of protein such as chicken or salmon, and a goof fat such as avocado and olive oil.
In this Bondi Bowl I have added almond butter as the good fat, and chia seeds and protein powder as the protein source.
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen)
- ¼ cup mango chunks (frozen)
- ½ banana (frozen)
- 1 tbsp oats (optional if you want to thicken it up)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- Slithered almonds and almond butter, coconut flakes to top
- Chop and freeze the blueberries, mango and banana before making the bowl.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- If you like your bowls nice and thick, just stop and scrap down the sides every 30 seconds or so.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite ingredients. Almonds and coconut adds a little crunch.