Mexican bowls are such a staple in our weekly meal plans. They are quick and easy, and a great way to get rid of last weeks vegetables we haven't used yet.
Enjoy building your bowls and remember there are no rules. So below are just options you can use, but play around with combinations. You want to just make sure you have a protein and fat source and lots of vegetables.
This is also a fun dinner or lunch option when entertaining many people.
- Vegetables - spinach, capsicum, red cabbage, carrots, beans, sprouts
- Salsa - tomato, red onion and cucumber mixed together
- Protein - chicken, or a turkey or chicken mince, beans. Cooked with 1 tsp of Freedom Spices Taco seasoning.
- Fat = avocado. Simply skin the avocado and smash it with a folk, add some salt and pepper.
- Corn or tortilla chips (optional.) If we eat corn we personally always make sure it is GMO free and organic if possible.
- Herbs - Chopped coriander.
- Chop all your ingredients and place into seperate bowls
- Cook your meat in FS Taco seasoning and sit aside.
- In a bowl simply build your bowl starting with your vegetables, topping with source of protein, followed by avocado, sprinkle some chopped coriander and eat with your chips.
- Serve and enjoy.