Last week on the blog we spoke about raising your vibration and boosting your energy and mood here. We chatted about food and lifestyle tips to help achieve this. Today however we are going to be diving in a little deeper into fatigue and how to heal your fatigue.
So how is low energy or tiredness different from fatigue?
For so long these low energy and fatigue were considered the same. However as more and more research presents us, we now know fatigue has now been separated as a condition that has numerous underlying factors. Fatigue does not present just from lack of sleep, it could be due to our adrenal glands, stress, thyroid health, obesity, hormone health and more. Whereas generally speaking low energy or tiredness can be solved with a slight change in routines, such as more sleep or nutrition. Does this make sense?
How to know if you are fatigued?
- You may experience ongoing and often unexplained bursts of exhaustion in your day.
- Perhaps you get a solid 10hrs a night of sleep but yet you still wake up exhausted and like you haven't slept at all.
- Exercise could be making your fatigue worst rather than better.
- On that you may have unexplained muscle pain.
- You can't make it through your day without napping.
- You may experience loss of memory or concentration. Perhaps even both.
How to heal:
- Firstly you need to get to the root cause of your fatigue. This could be a environmental, chemical imbalance or a nutritional factor. So start exploring it all.
- There is no point taking supplement or using medications to try and fix your fatigue if you don't know what is causing it. Speak to your GP, Nutritionist or Naturopath and start doing the appropriate findings to get your answers.
- Allow your body to rest and heal. It is just as important to allow your body to rest through the stage of finding your root cause as it is after you have found it.
- Take a step back from life and slowly build back up. This means social outings, exercise, work commitments and more. Take a step back until you are feeling up to it to start building your commitments back up.
- Avoid your found triggers in the future.
- Use these foods here to heal and nourish your body.
Good luck with your health journey. Remember this is just one starting place for you to begin, but there are many different paths you can take to heal and regain your best life.
For more information or help overcoming fatigue, chronic fatigue or simply living your best life click here.
My initial consultation involves an in-depth look into your history and condition. This will go from up to an hour. It is then followed with a plan on the best way to move forward from a nutritional and lifestyle perspective based on your personal experience. I am currently taking online or in practice consultations.