As woman there can sometimes be pressures to be the perfect housewife, mother of the year, business woman, to wear a million different hats in a day, and so on. We can forget important but yet small things, loose our self or our identity, get caught up in drama or just never take a moment to sit back, relax and appreciate ourselves.
My mum, sister and I came up with this list of 21 things we always need to remember and I wanted to share them so you too can take a moment and appreciate yourself.
- We are all unique individuals and you are perfect as you are.
- Don’t get caught up in drama. It’s not worth your energy.
- Invest in a really good bra. You will thank yourself later.
- You are exactly where you need to be. There are more roads ahead, only you can choose your destination.
- Forgive everyone for everything
- Food is not always the answer to your problems.
- It’s important to get your bits checked on a regular basis.
- Know that your thoughts are not always fact
- It’s ok to let the world see you without makeup on. Own every bit of your natural beauty no matter what age you are.
- If you are unhappy with something. Stop complaining and do something about it.
- Move your body daily. Not because you want to fit into a size 6, but because you love yourself and your body and moving it is a way to give thanks to your temple.
- A little black dress is an essential wardrobe staple.
- Take 5 mindful breaths before you get out of bed each day.
- Laugh often. Laughter lines are what makes us beautiful.
- Make at least three people smile each day.
- Red lipstick is an essential makeup essential. You never know when you might need it 😉
- Make peace with your past so it won’t mess up your future.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Listen to music often, it’s good for the soul.
- You are what you eat.