Self love is total acceptance of our self, exactly as we are. Often with any health and wellness journey, the work we do on ourselves is one of the most important aspect and the most difficult.
Using mantras can be an amazing starting place and stepping stone when begin to learn how to love yourself. Mantra are not just words, but are rhythms that set the right kind of ambiance and create vibrations in the spirit. Russel Paul describes mantras as "a sonic formulae that take us beyond, or through, the discursive faculties of the mind and connect our awareness directly and immediately to deep states of energy and consciousness." In other worlds mantras can be a stepping stone for the mind to cross over the material world and into enlightenment.
"A mantra is not something that you utter. It is something that you strive to become because unless you become the key, existence will not open up for you." - Sadhguru'
When to use Mantras:
There are no rules, Mantras can be used any time you need. When using Mantras for self love I would highly recommend using them in times when you notice you are comparing yourself to others or criticising yourself. Find a couple of mantras that resonate with you and repeat them over and over until you have taken yourself out of that moment of self judgment.
Here are some examples of Self Love Mantras you may want to start with:
- "I am loved. I am wonderfully made. I am beautiful. I have purpose."
- "I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself."
- "I am not beautiful like you. I am beautiful like me."
- "I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness and love."
- "Everything is beautiful when I stop looking for flaws."
- "All that I seek is already within me."
- "I am worth loving."
- "My body is peaceful, healthy and happy, and so am I."
- "I deeply love and approve of myself. I am a perfect reflection of my beautiful soul. I Love me."
- "When the flower doesn't bloom, you fix the envirnoment in which it grows not the flower."
- "Self love is a choice. Today I choose to believe in myself and recognise that I have a gift to offer the world."
- "I love myself, I believe in myself, I support myself."
Remember my angles, never give up on yourself. Instead tend to yourself with loving kindness. Always encourage yourself to be the best that you can be. Live your life with love, abundance and peace.