Christmas is a time for laughing, having fun and indulgence. For family, friends and social activities. What's not to love about Christmas?!
A comment theme I am seeing however is people are struggling to manage their health and festive activities.
The thing is to get off the yo-yo dieting wheel, it is essential to start looking at health as long term. Every year we have Easter, Christmas, Birthdays and other celebrations. This is life, so we need to all learn how to still enjoy these moments whilst maintaining our health and wellness.
So how do we do this?
- Managing your portion sizes is essential. Just because you are served a plate as big as your head, doesn't mean you need to eat it.
- There is always a healthier option. Opt for it! Higher protein and vegetable option is always going to be better.
- Eat 3 meals every day. This will stop the mindless, bored eating and all day picking.
- The old trick of starting your day with lemon water. Detox your body and kick start your metabolism every morning.
- Cut the sugar. The sooner you cut the sugar the better. There are many temptations over Christmas and having a high sugar diet is only going to setoff those cravings.
- Eat slowly. Enjoy every bite. Give your brain the chance to tell your stomach it is full and had enough food. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Keep up a fitness regime, even if it's just a 30 minute walk daily.
- Hydration, hydration, hydration.
If you want to learn more about creating habits or weight loss click here and join my next challenge.